- IHS IMS Research predicts Google Glass will sell 50K units in 2012, 124K in 2013, 434,000 in 2014, 2.17 million in 2015, and 6.6 million in 2016. Forecast seems low in the near-term years and high for the further out years in my opinion.
- The Ten Commandments of sales from Dan Cole
- AT&T recently launched their home connectivity/automation/security system (read more here and here). A natural evolution of service providers to focus on in-home connectivity. I expect this service area to be a strongly contested market in the coming years. Consumers want it, but don’t necessarily want to do it themselves. Moreover, they want it to work seamlessly. The rise of small cells seems to fit within this business approach as well (see Qualcomm story).
- World’s first Braille smartphone
- a few past articles on the Internet and the Boston bombing (here, here, here, and here)
- is the future of genealogy all in the DNA
- DARPA-sponsored crowd-sourced tank